ResurFX treatments work to stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin in the deep layers of the skin, without damaging the superficial layers.
These treatments work to reduce sun damage and pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles and saggy skin on the face, neck and body.
Laser resurfacing can achieve:
- Reduced appearance of brown spots / pigmentation
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduced appearance of acne and surgical scars
- Improved tone and texture
- Reduced actinic keratosis (sun spots)
ResurFX treatments improves:
- Wrinkles: Wrinkles around the eyes, and elsewhere on the face.
- Scarring: Including Acne scars, Striae / stretch marks, Surgical scars.
- Melasma: This condition can be stubborn, and a combination of prescription creams and laser treatments are usually recommended.
- Solar lentigines: Also known as age spots, or liver spots.
How does it work?
This is a non-ablative treatment, meaning the laser is able to pass through the skin’s surface, leaving it intact, and thereby reducing discomfort and downtime.
The energy is absorbed by the deeper layers resulting in the production of new collagen, gradually creating firmer skin and reduced wrinkle depth.
What does treatment involve?
Topical anaesthetic may be applied 30-60 minutes prior, to improve comfort. Due to the non-ablative nature, the treatment is usually only mildly uncomfortable; oral painkillers are not usually necessary.
There may be some redness and mild swelling of the skin, and the skin may feel like a sunburn for the next 1-2 days. Throughout the following two weeks there may be some micro crusts appearing on the skin, with a sand-like feeling, itching, dry skin, peeling and flaking as the old skin is exfoliated.
A series of 3-5 treatments may be recommended for your individual skin concerns.